Not too long ago, you and I had a heart-to-heart on what it really takes to get targeted traffic from Twitter: quality or quantity.
Here's the original post on that, to refresh your memory:
I was really looking forward to your comments on that post and was really surprised: turned out that you largely agreed with me that you'd rather generate TONS of Twitter traffic, bring them to your blog, and network with them there as opposed to spending every waking minute of your day (and night, in most cases), cultivating the relationships there just to see tweeple stopping using Twitter in about 30 days or so.
Wow, that was one long sentence… Give me a minute; I need to catch my breath…
OK, so…. The reason I wrote that post to begin with was the fact that Twitter stopped being my largest referral traffic source. And it all happened right after I started testing the notion of “quality over quantity“.
Now don't get me wrong. I am not a spammer who blindly follows thousands of people just to spam them with self-serving links.
Nothing further from the truth, as a matter of fact. Just check out my main account @AnaTrafficCafe – you'll see nothing but quality there.
Yes, quality still matters.
However, spread that quality to as MANY Twitter followers as YOU CAN GET.
That's my Twitter motto.
Yes, right after I wrote that post (or right before – can't really remember), I went back to my old ways of getting as many Twitter followers as possible, and lookie here:
It's back to number one spot – BY FAR.
And here's another one:
This is a span of 2 weeks – granted, not a huge amount of time, but remember this is not the first time I went for quantity Twitter traffic generation.
I wrote my previous post on the 27 of January and that's about when I started getting more followers my way – you can seek the peak of traffic corresponding to those dates.
How to Get Quality Twitter Followers
Want to have some?
Follow these steps:
- Create several Twitter accounts – I would recommend 5. They should all be personal (remember, we don't spam people) and reflect different aspects of your business or your personality. For instance, my accounts are: @Christpreneurs (because I am a Christian), @Mompreneurs (because I am a mom), @SuitcaseCafe (because I love to travel and my primary business has a travel section), @YourNetBizCafe (because it's my primary business), and @YourNewsFeed (because I love to stay in touch with what's going on in the industry). And now you know all of my Twitter shenanigans. 🙂
- Get TweetAdder – this is a must; there's no way you can do this by hand and trust me, this one is worth every penny of it.
- Search for TARGETED potential followers – people who might be interested in what you have to offer.
- Start adding them on a daily basis – while watching Twitter limits of course.
- Send them a killer DM message, bribing them to come to your blog.
- Automatically tweet other people's blogs as well as yours – that way you'll always have fresh content posted to all your accounts without any effort on your part. Both TweetAdder and MarketMeSuite will do that for you.
- Monitor your @Mentions – make sure you get back to any of your followers when they ask a question, RT your content, or simple stop by to say Hello.
All in all, my Twitter involvement is about 20-30 minutes per day. I let TweetAdder do the rest.
Results? As you saw in the screen shots above, I get thousands of new visitors per month – with very little work.
Once again, I am not proposing to spam Twitter; just use it more efficiently.
The floor is yours: how's your Twitter traffic generation going and are you considering doing it my way?