Did Google really do such a stupid thing?
You guessed it – no, not really.
But they did manage to tie their name to a whole lot of pizza; watch the video below.
Brilliant? For sure.
I know most of us watching the video thought how stupid it was, what a waste of time it was, etc.
However, ask yourselves these questions:
- would you remember that this video was by Google and it was about their mobile services?
- are you likely to share it with everyone you know, just like I am doing right now?
- would you think of this video and Google mobile next time you feel like pizza?
- would you join a conversation or two about it like these folks on Reddit did?
Bizarre sells! What is called “weird” today, will be called “innovative” tomorrow.
Remember Google’s 3M Super Bowl commercial last year? Yes, the one with no actors. No voiceover. There was only ONE PICTURE. Just words on screen, really.
It took off like wildfire, to say the least.
By the way, if you are in the mood to create your own videos just like that one, check out this post:
- Video Marketing: Parisian Love for the Rest of Us
Don’t be afraid to be DIFFERENT.
That’s what sells. That’s what will make you stand out. That’s what will brand you like nothing else.
And yes, this is one of those “don’t do what I do, do what I tell you to do” posts, since I am still looking for my own voice and my own way to stand out.
Let me know if you’ve got an idea!
Love it or hate it? Comment to show me that you’re alive!
PS For more no-nonsense traffic generation and conversion tips from Ana, fill out this short spam-free form:
Thanks to Mashable for the idea for this post.