Thanks for your interest in guest posting at Traffic Generation Cafe.
Update October 2012: due to a flood of poor quality submissions, I am currently not accepting any guest posts from new authors.
If you REALLY think you’ve got what it takes to be published at TGC, use the contact form to send your request and writing samples.
What are the benefits?
You gain access to new audience and can potentially acquire a good amount of traffic back to your site/blog and possibly a few subscribers as well.
Your post will have twice the exposure and social media promotion between Traffic Generation Cafe’s and your social networks.
My readers will also have an opportunity to hear a new and fresh prospective and discover another informative site to follow as well.
Who is my audience?
My audience is primarily intermediate (some percentage of beginners as well) bloggers/website owners who are looking to learn about creative ways to generate traffic to their web properties.
I generally focus on free traffic generation strategies on my blog; however, if I see an exceptional article on a paid method of traffic generation, I will definitely consider it.
What am I looking for?
I would like guest posts that fit the traffic generation theme I cover on this site – obviously.
The categories include:
- SEO Traffic
- Blogging Traffic
- Social Media Traffic
- Traffic Conversion
Now a little bit of tough love:
1. Your post must be original. That means it must be written by you and not previously published anywhere else, including your own blog/site.
2. Post should not be about an affiliate program/product or a plug for a company. No reviews please.
3. Very Important: Please don’t submit generic posts on theory, the kind of posts that can be found everywhere else across the web. Your post should not only be informative, but USABLE.
I pride myself in providing the kind of content my readers can practically implement in their businesses.
For example, a generic article on the importance of traffic for your blog will be rejected. But a detailed post on how you use blog carnivals to drive more traffic to your niche blog and the results you’ve seen from it would be a great candidate to be published.
Original, fresh, unique, authentic, current, relevant to my audience – that’s the kind of content I am looking for.
4. I might need to edit the content (misspellings, grammar, formatting etc.) before publishing it.
5. I do understand the importance of link love and you should definitely link the article back to your blog. However, I am not a big fan of link littering and would not accept links to affiliate products.
6. Please attach a few pictures for your post (and include image credits when necessary).
7. Please include internal links in your post – good resources, links back to relevant articles on Traffic Generation Cafe, etc.
8. Posts must be in good English.
9. Posts should be between 500 – 1000 words (exceptions would be posts that have lots of images or video supplement).
10. It’s imperative that you respond to comments to your published post. The notifications of new comments will be emailed to your email address. The more often you come back to answer the comments, the more discussion you’ll generate, which in turn will encourage more social media sharing, traffic, and exposure.
How soon will I know if my article is approved?
I will make sure to read any posts submitted as soon as possible and will most likely let you know within a day or two if I plan on publishing it. This way you’ll know whether you should start submitting your article to other sites.
How soon will my article be posted?
This will depend on how many articles I already have in the queue to be published. Generally, it should be published within a week of approval.
Have a question?