No, this is not another link round-up to overwhelm you with information.
You now have an information buffer between being overwhelmed with all the trends and simply great posts to keep up with and the ones you actually need to pay attention to to move your business forward.
Traffic Generation Café.
Here is what I paid attention to and implemented in my own business in the past week.
The past week was a quiet one in online marketing industry.
I like that.
Time to catch our breath and be proactive, rather than react to the latest Google algorithm updates or Facebook changes.
- All You Need Is Love (And an Audience-Driven Business) - don’t just build a website; create a movement. Great businesses built their success upon their loyal audience; it’s about time you joined them. Great free “Audience Infographic” download, plus Danny Iny’s unreleased webinar recording (alas, accessible by TGC Magazine subscribers only).
- Content Marketing Leverage System: How to Multiply Your Reach - you might be surprised to learn what the core activity that moves your business forward is. It’s simple, powerful, and completely adaptable to any business. 2 VIDEOS + a MIND MAP.
- 101 Experts Share Their Tips for Online Success (blog-growth.com) - yes, this is an epic post packed with incredible information from the most prominent bloggers around.
However, that’s not why I am mentioning this post here.
What I want you to think about is this: how did Mauro D’Andrea, a new blogger you probably never heard of, managed to pull this kind of post together?
How did Mauro coax 101 people who definitely had better things to do than to respond to his email, to actually help him to create such a perfect traffic/link bait?
And how can you apply the same principles in your business.
- Advanced Blog Metrics: Get Insight About Your Posts and Comments (ManageWP.com) - love, love, love this new plugin. After all, why bother spending 8-10 hours on a blog post (yes, that’s how long it takes me to write one), if no one wants to read it or share it, right?
- Should Links Be Opened in New Tabs? (ManageWP.com) - an interesting discussion from Tom Ewer; something I’d love to hear your opinion about. Would you like all these windows to open in the same tab (and potentially loose your original source – my blog) or new tabs (and potentially get overwhelmed by the amount of tabs in front of you).
- AgoraPulse Barometer – great free tool to keep track of how your Facebook performance is stacking up against the average performance of the 3,464 pages included in the Barometer. Your metrics are in black, the Barometer average performance in orange.
I thought I was doing pretty well at Traffic Generation Cafe FB page, but the barometer showed me I’ve got a lot of work to do.
All of my numbers are below average.
How does your FB page stack up?
Most of us run our business on a tight budget, so these two posts will come in handy when creating all sorts of images – whether for your site or any of your social media profiles.
These two posts are great to bookmark for when you need help/reference.
- 17 Web-based Sketching and Painting Tools (smallbiztrends.com) - Most business owners need a graphic design tool from time to time. From sketching out a new logo, animation for a slide presentation, or to create caricatures of your crew to increase morale, these tools can help you without the added cost of traditional art software. This post highlights 17 tools to help you draw out your ideas.
- The Ultimate Complete Final Social Media Sizing Cheat Sheet (lunametrics.com) - a MUST see reference infographic listing all of the sizing information for images on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.
- 12 Most Super Handy Chrome Extensions (12most.com) - I already use several of these extensions (Alexa, WiseStamp, Bit.ly), but definitely need to look into others. Every minute counts, right?
Off to get my third cup of coffee (waiting for my husband to make us some banana-ricotta pancakes for breakfast) and implement, implement, implement!