Social Media Traffic 101: How to REALLY Get Traffic from Social Media
Social media has been called a lot of things:
…the best thing since sliced bread;
…the next marketing wonder…
Truthfully, it doesn’t really matter what YOU think about social media.
If your audience and your competitors are there, you don’t really have much of a choice, do you?
Social media traffic is to your website as breathing is to living. Period.
Social Media Traffic: Find, Master, Automate
A few quick tips before we dive into the mysteries of driving traffic from social media:
Start with one platform
Social media is the great example of Pareto principal at work (roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes).
My best advice is not to spread yourself too thin.
- Find the one social media platform that YOUR target audience seems to favor and stick with it.
- Learn the ins and outs of it.
- Master all the nuances of social media traffic generation from that platform.
- Figure out how to put most of it on autopilot.
- Move on to the next one.
How to figure out which one to start with
Here you have two options:
1. Use your Google Analytics (GA) data
If you are already driving social media traffic large enough to analyze some stats, then start here.
Go to your GA dashboard and look up your referral traffic.
See which social media platform drives the most traffic AND converts the best.
Focus on that one.
2. Use your competitor’s data
If you are brand new to social media or even blogging in general, then see where your competitors get most of their traffic from.
That should be a good indicator of which social media your potential readers might be hanging out.
The easiest way of collecting this type of data is through Alexa.com.
Just search for any competitor’s site and go under “Clickstream” to see where their social media traffic comes from.
Let’s Go Social
While there are scads of social media traffic sources, I have outlined some of the big dogs for you.
Social Media Traffic from Twitter
- How to Drive Traffic From Twitter the Right Way
- How to Tweet Adder Your Way into Powerful Twitter Traffic (Plus Coupon Discount Code)
- Why Twitter Shut Down My Account and What YOU Can Do to Avoid It
Social Media Traffic from Facebook
Social Media Traffic from Slideshare
Slideshare is my new personal favorite platform when it comes down to social media traffic generation.
- Slideshare Traffic: From 0 to 243,000 Views in 30 Days
- How to Milk SlideShare Homepage for All the Traffic You Can Handle
Social Media Traffic from Google Plus
Social Media Traffic from Pinterest
Social Media Traffic from Youtube
Loved what you’ve seen at Traffic Generation Café so far?
Then you are going to love my free Bite-Size Traffic Hacks email series - concise, actionable traffic generating hacks you can implement today and start seeing almost immediate traffic increase.
Plus, you’ll get my super-awesome value-packed “Mommy, Where Does My Traffic Come From?” traffic report for the rock-bottom price of FREE.
Just add your email to the form below and click “Yes, Send Me My Traffic Hacks“.
"Ana has a unique insight into running an internet business."
- Yaro Starak, Entrepreneurs-Journey.com
See you on the “in” side and have fun storming social media traffic!